dipl. Arch ETH/BSA/SIA
1950 Born in Biel
Studies architecture at the ETH Zurich
1977 Diploma with Prof. Dolf Schnebli
1978-1981 Worked at the German Archaeological Institute in Rome (DAI) with Dr. D. Mertens
1980-1983 Research fellowship at the Institut gta (Institute for History and Theory of Architecture), ETH Zurich;
research on Le Corbusier and the Immeuble Clarté in Geneva (Christian Sumi), Immeuble Clarté Genf 1932 von Le Corbusier & Pierre Jeanneret, Zurich, 1989
As of 1984 shared practice with Marianne Burkhalter in Zurich
1985-1987 Professional assistant, Prof. Bruno Reichlin, School of Architecture, University of Geneva
1989-1991 Diploma advisor, Prof. Mario Campi, ETH Zurich
1990-1991 Guest professor, School of Architecture, University of Geneva.
1994 Guest professor, Harvard University, Cambridge, USA.
1999 Guest professor, EPF Lausanne
As of 2002 - 2008 member of the Commission on the Citycape, Winterthur
As of 2003 visiting professor University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
As of 2007 Professor, USI / Accademia di Architettura, Mendrisio