St. Pirminius Catholic Church
- Interior Designers
- Frédéric Dedelley Produkt- und Raumgestaltung
- Fässler + Partner AG, Zürich
- Light object
- Madlaina Lys Keramica, Lavin
- Oswald Schreinerei und Innenausbau AG, Oberglatt
- Froelich + Corbella Metallprodukte, Zürich
- Fontana & Fontana AG, Rapperswil-Jona
- Rettich Innendekoration, Nürensdorf
- Liturgical textiles
- Paramentenwerkstatt Kloster Fahr
Clear shapes and bright blue create a cheerful, dignified atmosphere.
My competition entry for redesigning the listed church interior and the liturgical furnishings was constantly adjusted in collaboration with all participants. Oak and brass were chosen for the liturgical furnishings. The clear, right-angled supports were complemented with vertical wood slats, making the furniture voluminous and transparent at the same time. This is also true of the altar, into which a massive gray sandstone plate is inserted. The brass tabernacle can be open widely due to L-shaped doors, allowing for the presentation of the chalice to be celebrated. A glowing cloud, a metaphor for the Holy Spirit, floats down from the blue of the sanctuary.