DREAM BIG with Design
Landscape architects are taking the world by storm by designing everything from school communities, to skateboard parks, healing gardens, zoos, resorts, museums, aquariums, and theme parks like Disney World and Legoland.
The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) wants to introduce students to the exciting world of landscape architecture with its first-ever PreK-12 Summit for students. The two-day virtual Summit, entitled DREAM BIG with Design, is the perfect kick-off event for the 2021-2022 school year.
Scheduled for Thursday, September 23 and Friday, September 24, DREAM BIG with Design will showcase landscape architecture and hands-on PreK-12 learning sessions for students through a dynamic forum among PreK-12 educators and ASLA members from across the country.
ASLA, with its member community of 15,000 landscape architects, have developed programs to blend easily into almost any existing PreK-12 STEM curricula. Educators can connect with our 49 local chapters to bring a landscape architect to your classroom and build on the DREAM BIG with Design experience.
DREAM BIG with Design includes:
- Two-Day Virtual Event for PreK-12 Students on Thursday, September 23 and Friday, September 24
- Plan to register your students for an exciting celebration of landscape design and careers in landscape architecture.
- Sessions and Hands-On Activities That Teach Design Solutions to Real-World Problems
- Sessions will help students solve problems that matter to their community and become global thinkers.
- Opportunities to DREAM BIG with Design
- See what Walt Disney World and Legoland have in common
- Access No-Cost Resources
- Print and digital resources will be available for home and classroom use throughout the school year
- Resources to Connect with Local Landscape Architects in Your State
- 23 September to 24 September 2021
- Online Event
- American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)
- Event page